I'm Patrick Gaffney. This is my blog. Deal with it.

Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Not What You Want To Read About The Place You Dined At Last Week


Roaches force closing of popular eatery

Tribune staff reports
Published September 13, 2005, 8:33 AM CDT

Dick's Last Resort, a popular Streeterville restaurant that cheekily calls itself the "Shame of Chicago" on its menu, was ordered temporarily closed this week after public health inspectors allegedly found cockroaches in the kitchen, WGN-Ch. 9 reported.

Food also allegedly was found stored at unsafe temperatures, and mold was discovered growing in an ice machine in the restaurant at 435 E. Illinois St., Chicago Department of Public Health officials said.

Dick's will remain closed until it corrects the problems and is re-inspected and found in compliance with city codes, WGN reported.


Amy and I dinned here last week before we took our boat tour downtown. My salad was good, but I'm really glad we didn't get sick now. Although when I told Amy this she did remind me that her mudslide was the worst she ever had. It must have been the mold.....

No comments: