I'm Patrick Gaffney. This is my blog. Deal with it.

Monday, September 19, 2005

Life's Ups and Downs

Such a crazy weekend!

My plans to go to Indy this weekend got screwed up when my job insisted I work on Sunday. But luckily Amy decided to come up here and see me. Then Saturday work gave me my paperwork to get my insurance started, and I decided to do what I thought was the right thing and tell them that I accepted another position somewhere and I would be leaving in a month. I just didn't want them to go through paying for my insurance when I was going to quit two weeks after it started. Well, my "right thing" led them to letting me go an hour later.


But even with that happening, I can't seem to think this was a bad weekend. I got to spend more time with Amy. And that's always a good thing. And even with the craziness of this weekend, it was great. She is great. It seems kind of crazy to be thinking of someone as much as I do of her, and as highly as I do of her. But I do. And being with her in the mist of this craziness made a world of difference. She pushes me and challenges me to grow. She believes I can do it. She makes me laugh and smile. I don't think I can do her justice in a few words on here, but trust me when I say I am a lucky guy.

We finally took a couple photos of us together this weekend. The first one is outside my apartment building after church. I look like a robot or bored in that one, but the girl next to me is pretty darn cute. And then Amy took the next one while we were sitting on my couch.

No comments: